Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Don't Worry

My friend Dave told me to do this a few days ago & I didn't do it right away but I just found three e-mails in my inbox from other concerned friends, so I'm doing it now: I'm with a group of nine hikers (8 walking + one driving for support) finishing the trek to Canada on Highway 97. It's not the way I wanted to finish, but it's better than getting myself killed or wasting search & rescue's resources bailing me out when I know better, and it's also better than quitting altogether, especially after so many of you have supported me.  So, I'll do some blog posts for Washington after we finish, but in the meantime know that I'm not dying in the snow and that I appreciate the fact that so many people care about me.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I'm so glad to know that you're O.K. Lot's of folks that you don't even know have been worried, but we knew that all would be well eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's funny, I was OK physically once I got off the trail but wasn't OK mentally until I got back on. I'm still trying to process it all, but writing it out in this blog is helping. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update, so glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being concerned, and for following me! :-)

      Delete
  3. I guess that by now it is safe to say: Congratulations!!! You did it! What an epic summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, almost a month later, yes, and thank you! :-)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed visiting with Lucy as we hiked out of Lake Valhalla. It was the most gorgeous of fall days. She and her fellow hiker were on their way to Lake Janis, and if time allowed, hoped to make it to Grizzley Peak before stopping for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed visiting with you too! We made it to Grizzly Peak that evening just after dark, camped on top, and tooled around and took a few pictures from it in the morning. The peak is below the treeline so the shots aren't the most amazing ones of the trip, but I'll post what I have soon. :-)

      Delete
  5. We ran into Lucy in Stehekin, WA this past Saturday. Enjoyed meeting her and am really enjoying her blog! Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoyed meeting you too and please keep reading! :-)

      Delete